Tuesday 18 August 2009

Never give the enemy the advantage!

Well, I didn't really obey that saying, so I gave Mr Ball's enemy some lasers!


I added some new features that never existed in any of my Mr Ball games, which is the so-called "Critical Moment". It's the moment when the enemy is going to execute an attack. Before the enemy sucessfully unleashes his attack, the player has to press [SPACE] to sort of like "counter" him, and cancels of his attack. Quite a good thing actually. I might implement this into my 3D Mr Ball game.

A number of visual effects were incorporated, such as the err... crappy zoom blur effect when the player successfully executed the Critical Moment.


Oh, and I also used the particle system in Game Maker. This is really the first time I am using it, and the results are stunning!

0 comments: