Saturday 18 July 2009

A very important announcement

Don't go to youareanidiot(dot)org. Seriously, don't. DON'T. Must I rephrase that? I don't think so.

Ok, DON'T!

If you are not aware of this, you should continue reading...

Apparently, that website drops a javascript that disables some of your keys (F4, Ctrl, and Delete), stopping you from using that Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Alt+F4. Now, this malware is seriously a pain in the ass, so don't try to go there, unless you really want to. This trojan causes many many many popups to fly around your screen, and slowing down your comp significantly. I won't be responsible for any damages caused ok. And remember, I am using a VIRTUAL PC, therefore, all damages are limited within that virtual pc. Here's a video I recorded.




(Oh, if you see the Task Manager in the video, that Task Manager actually belongs to the host computer, my computer, not the virtual pc)

Upon further investigation on that popup-swarmed website, it actually activates the javascript it left in your Temporary Internet Files folder after you exit from the page (go back or close the IE). It then creates 6 IE windows showing the open.html page, which resides in the youareanidiot(dot)org website.

The open.html page has quite a similar HTML code as the youareanidiot(dot)org main page. When you try to close the open.html window, it runs the javascript, and creates another 6 windows!

Now, strangely, if you're using Windows XP Service Pack 2, you should be ok because the IE has a pop-up blocker. A pop-up blocker is enough to stop it from creating those annoying pop-ups. Still, I don't really guarantee that.

And guys, if you are sent an email recommending you to sign up in youareblocked(dot)com, it's really a phishing website. It will steal your hotmail/live account id and password. That's what I read la, at least, but I'll go test it out when I have the time. Wow, first time I had an adrenaline rush by playing with computer malwares!

Well, if you did type your password in that youareblocked website, which claims to tell you who blocked you in MSN, I suggest you go change your password.

0 comments: