Tuesday 20 May 2008

Give up on XNA already!!

Okay, maybe my knowledge of XNA isn't that err... good yet. In the middle of a successful coding of the foundation of my new game, a problem came up, which has finally defeated me. I have no idea why. I'm doing everything I can to pin-point that stupid fault. The stupid IDE never say anything except "InvalidOperationException was unhandled: An unexpected error has occured". It could have at least given me a more detailed report of what's causing it to freakingly annoy me. Then, I try running it again despite having that stupid error thing bugging me. And you know what, another error comes up, at the same location. But it's just the same ol' InvalidOperationException.

So, I've finally decided to use Game Maker 6 to build up the game. I still wanna create the game through XNA because I want to challenge myself. Hmm... maybe the next game leh??? I've got to do more research on this XNA thing before I start making a game. I've wasted more/less 481MB just to get the PIX For Windows thing which I don't even know how to use, but even so, I got a report on how my game works, and it showed that there was an Invalid Call thing at the DrawIndexedPrimitives thing which I think was called when I asked the XNA to draw my sphere mesh for me on the screen. I just don't know how to rectify that problem. Cries!!! Besides that, I've also tried using DebugView. I just use it to see what's going on in the background when my game is running before it crashed due to that error I have repeated so damn many times in this post.

Well, there's no hoope for me to make a nice game in XNA, for now. Sigh... back to Game Maker then. Sigh even more...

0 comments: