Saturday 10 May 2008

XNA Framework is driving me nuts,,,

I'm still learning how to program in the XNA environment. Unless I can find out what's going on in my code, I can't continue!!! Sigh... My Mr Ball Arena 2 got to wait. I don't know what happened but it just says InvalidOperationException - An unexpected error has occurred. Argh... like that will help, NOT! If only it can give me a more detailed explanation about what I did wrong. So now, I'm forced to wait 1 hour for the DirectX SDK to be downloaded (447MB I think). This thing is really testing my patience. Hate it so much. I still love Game Maker. But the problem with Game Maker is that I doesn't really support 3D games, but you still can make them.
--------
1/2 hour later
--------

OMG!!! The hell??!!! What kind of error is that??? It seems that I have to alter some stuff on my effect file that I downloaded. Something to do with having an Intel chipset on my GPU according to a forum. Hmm... strange. Well, at least it worked and I drew a bunch of triangles on my comp!!! Doesn't look like much but hey, all beginners got to start at something right?
Yeah, so, I'm planning to make a terrain thingie.

---
1 hour later,... make that 2 hours...
----
Hmm... with the help of tutorials, I made this kinda okay-looking terrain:
Cool right??? Let's see what else can I do...

0 comments: