Tuesday 23 December 2008

Came back from the Jelapang Padi

Right, of course, when someone hears Padi, it'll automatically refers to Kedah. Ok fine, not everyone refers Padi to Kedah. Anyway, that's not the subject of this post, so I shall not talk too much about it.

The reason I went to Kedah for 3 days was to attend my cousin's wedding ceremony. Congratulations to my "piu ko"!! My grandma must be so proud of him! Here's an overview of what had happened the past 2 days:

21/12/08:
Started journey at around 10-11am. It was a very very long journey. An hour and a half later, we reached Tapah. Most of the time, when we are heading North on the North South Expressway, we stop at either Bidor or Tapah (the rest stop, I mean) to have a break. Now, we usually stop at Tapah. Tapah's Rest stop is very huge. You actually have to walk quite a distance to reach the toilet. And the toilet is almost as big as the food court! It's very cool. The walk isn't a bad thing actually. There's a lot of stuff to see, like all those side stalls and things like that.

1/2 hour later, we continued on the highway for another 2-3 hours. When we reached Jitra (our destination), it's almost 3 o'clock.

My mum showed me the picture of the Hotel (correction, it's a Motel), I was like "erk! This hotel's gonna suck!". The picture itself doesn't look promising at all. But, when I got in, to my surprise, it was quite nice and comfy. "Billy! Never underestimate hotels! And don't judge the book by its cover!"

Well, we checked in, then BLAH BLAH BLAH, then ate at a Mamak Stall, then BLAH BLAH BLAH, then my sister suddenly got sick and went to bed while my mother, my auntie (who came with us) and I hung out at my cousin's bride's house for dinner.

22/12/08:
Sister still sick. Poor gal... Anyway, today, we are supposed to get the bride. Som everyone got up, waited for the groom, then we all headed for the bride's house. After that, old Chinese tradition and culture are practiced. I'm not very good with traditions. I know, I have failed to be a Chinese. :( Ok ok, stop blaming myself! Anyway, here's what happened:

1) My cousin (husband-to-be)'s brother, my cousin sister's husband and I went upstairs along with the groom to go to the bride's room. And then the bride and her friends tortured the groom by asking him to do humiliating things outside her room. He must do as she asks to earn hr approval. Well, something like that lah. Anyway, in the end, the bride showed herself and placed a flower into the groom's chest pocket.

2) Lunch time...

3) "Cam ca" ceremony. The bridegroom serves elders some tea and in return, they get ang pow.

Then, later at night, my sister finally recovered. We all went for dinner in a sort-of-like-high-class restaurant. And ate, and ate.

Ok, I have to comment something here about the PA system. It's too LOUD!!!! No, really, it's freaking loud! And mixed with some people singing on stage, it's no longer music to my ears, it's eardrum destruction! You can actually feel your eardrum vibrating. OMG!!! What more, the loud speaker is just few metres away from our table. Gah!!!

The food was okay, nothing much to say.

And today, we just had lunch in the bride's house and came back. Nothing much really.

Now, I have to release my anger...

F%$#@!G SMOKERS, CAN'T YOU READ THE F%$#@!G SIGN THAT SAYS NO SMOKING!! AND YET YOU STILL WANT TO SMOKE! WHAT'S YOUR F%$#@!G PROBLEM???

Ahh, that feels so much better. Ok ok, now, smokers are the top of my most-hated people list (exception are my family members lah, only hate them when they smoke).

Right, I was at the dinner last night. I wanted to hide from the loud speakers, so I went to the toilet. Right when I opened the toilet, the whole place was so foggy. No, it wasn't water vapour, it was smoke. There were like a few people happily smoking away in the toilet, one of the most important places on Earth!!

HEY C'MON! YOU WANT TO DIE, GO DIE YOURSELF, DON'T PULL SOMEONE ELSE WITH YOU, YOU BRAINLESS IDIOTS IN THE TOILET LAST NIGHT!!

Second-hand smoke is way worse than the smoke the smokers inhale through their cigarettes. Sigh, so, I went back to my seat to wait for the smoke to clear. Really, these people has no feelings for other people. They are slowly killing other users of the toilet, and killing people, as you know, is a very big sin.

After the dinner ended, some people started smoking in the air-conditioned restaurant! I was like "WTF??? There's like an air-cond up there???". God! All they do is smoke smoke smoke. And other people just choke choke choke. Grrr!!! So, I walked out of the restaurant. And again, more smoke! No where to hide now, so I took some tissue and used it as my air-filter.

1/2 hour later, you could actually see the little smoke particles embedded in the tissue.

SMOKERS, I'LL PASS ON BECOMING ANOTHER LUNG CANCER VICTIM. I LOVE MY LUNGS, AND APPARENTLY, YOU DON'T.

Right, next time, if I have the power, I want to banish smoking in Malaysia for good. I want clean air for my grandchildren!! (Got that from A. Samad Said's poem, The Dead Crow)

Remember you readers out there, smoking is not cool, as some might say. If you are being pressured by some hooligans to smoke, DON'T. Leave them alone. Let them smoke. They may be laughing at you and insulting you, but when they die, and you're still alive, you'll be laughing at them.


This just shows how much I despise smokers (exception, my family members, only hate them when they smoke)

0 comments: