Thursday 4 December 2008

Mr Ball 2 Update

I can't believe it! I'm almost finished with the first level! But then there are some glitches here and there. Mostly they are all caused by the sudden halt in the AI sequence. Currently, the boss has 2 attacks, gonna add 1 more.

Here are 2 screen caps:


The falling spears attack. It is nothing like the one in Mr Ball 1. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Hmm...


The spinning spears attack? It's quite similar to the one in the first game, just that the diameter of the spin won't increase.

I know, it's a little weird to have Mr Ball smiling even when taking a hit. I'll look into that once I have finished everything up, in the "touching up" process.

I have also thought of rewarding the player with the so-called Ability Points to increase Mr Ball's stats after every battle. This way, they can increase their HP, CP (curing points), Evade points, Attack and Defense. OK, you know what HP is. Attack and Defense, well, pretty self-explanatory, if you have played RPG games before. CP? Well, used to be MP, but since the MP is only used for healing, might as well call it Curing points. I know, it sounds odd.

Evade points. Hmm... I have a very bad news. The enemy can inflict critical damage!! Uh oh! When you receive critical hits, the screen will flash red, and you'll receive up to 6 times the normal damage. Don't worry, I'll give Mr Ball the chance to inflict critical damages as well.

The chances of getting critically hit is usually quite low. It's all based on luck. Increasing the Evade points lowers the chance of getting critically hit.

The next thing I'm gonna do is add the music thingie and some Sound effects. I don't really have the mood to test my game all the time because it's just way too "dead". No sound effects!!

Also, as you can see, I have kinda like changed the "Damage display" a little. That's the thing which displays the amount of damage received from an enemy or inflicted on an enemy. The font is somewhat bigger and a little clearer than before. The red one is for amount of HP deducted. The blue one is for amount of MP/CP deducted. Note that critical hits only increases HP deduction, not MP/CP.

Whee!! I'm making progress here!

0 comments: