Monday 5 January 2009

Finished level 2

Yes, that's right! Level 2 is finally finished!


Well, as you can see, I've gone quite mad with the boss' attacks. It looks hard, but it's actually very easy. That's because the ice spikes are very easy to avoid. The number of ice spikes doesn't really matter much as long as you run away when you see the spikes chasing after you.

By comparison, don't you think the ice spikes here are better than in the first game? Ok, I'll post up a picture of the old Ice spikes and the new Ice spikes.

These are the Mr Ball 2 spikes:
And these are Mr Ball 1 punya:
Another difference is the height of the spikes. You can clearly see Mr Ball 1's spikes are much taller. I'm gonna thank Blender Foundations for providing such a good tool for modeling 3D stuff for free. I used it to model those ice spikes for Mr Ball 2. It's called Blender3D. It's just the free-of-charge-equivalent of commercial 3D modelers like Maya.

EDIT:
Right after I posted this erm... post, I have added 2 more attacks for the boss, and both of them involve spikes chasing the player. I know, I know, I just love to torture the player. In addition to that, I have tweaked the AI a little, by adding a distance check, so that when the player is too far away, he will choose a better attack to obliterate the player.

Well, anyway, I should get on to making the cutscene for Level 2.

0 comments: