Friday 20 March 2009

Billy The Cube

Ignore that name, for now. Anyway, Mr Ball 2 is coming along great so far. I'm planning to model every piece of stuff that will be used in the game (excluding billboards) using Blender3D, my best buddy, for now. Yeah, so I won't be using the built-in primitives in Game Maker. This is because, if I model it from Blender, I have full control over the UV coordinates to position my textures. Yeah, anyway, I've just finished modeling very simple shapes.

Ok, don't ask me why I place a dead Mr Ball there. Hmm... the platform needs a little touching up, no? You can slightly see the blue lines at the right side of the platform. Right, now, I go on to coding the most basic physics engine, which consists of Gravity! Without it, Mr Ball can't jump and fall.

=====
1 hour later
=====

Ahh, finally, the gravity thing works like a charm!

Ooh? A flying ball? Lol! Well, Mr Ball can finally jump and move. The mouse look thing has also been implemented. But the camera code is still quite empty. There's no function that enables it to lock on to enemies. What enemies? I haven't even created a dummy enemy. Strangely, I find Mr Ball quite young over here, compared to the other Mr Balls I have made.

Oh, for now, Mr Ball can't die. Haha.

0 comments: