Saturday 21 March 2009

Mr Ball 2 Update

So far so good. Mr Ball can finally shoot, with the left mouse button. And he can also die by falling off the stage. Fortunately, that will not happen very often. Well, you may not know how evil I can be. Lol!


Awh, isn't he cute? Posing for the camera with a gun at his nose. Lol! Here's a secret, remember I talked about billboarding before? The water jet you see here is a billboard. It's actually 2D, not 3D. It just faces the camera all the time, hiding the illusion.

The foundation's almost finished. I just need to create the base for the enemies, model some diamonds, and add the ability to hurt Mr Ball and the enemies. Yeah, that's right, Mr Ball is actually invincible right now. Hahaha.

Right, I shall continue....

=============
2 hours later
=============

Yeah man!


You can see here the blue rings appearing. The black holes are the dummy bosses to test the targeting system. It'll find the closes target, and highlights it with a blue ring.

Here, the ring is in a "locked on" mode. No other rings will appear, and the camera is supposed to stay locked on to the target. But I haven't implement it yet. Still, it works. Hahaha.

=====
And then, another 1 hour
=====

Finally, the camera is finished. Well, almost. Maybe I might have missed out some details, but the camera can track a target already. Yeah, the targeting system is 100% finished. Yay! I'm so in schedule man!



I feel so proud, I wanna cry! Ok, ok, pull yourself together Bee Lee! It's not a game yet!

0 comments: