Friday 26 September 2008

1 week holiday!!

Today's the last day of school, well, at least until the school starts again the following week. It's the Hari Raya celebration next week and I can't wait to eat lemang slapped with curry! Anyway, I know it's too early, but,... Selamat Hari Raya to all Malays!!

Tomorrow I'll be going back to my father's hometown to attend my cousin's wedding ceremony. That means, I'm going back to Kelian Pauh, erk... I mean, Taiping! The place where Ghee Hin and Hai San fought for tin ore. It's actually a very cool place. There's also a museum. It's damn freaking interesting, despite my hatred towards History. I remember seeing the real fighter jet used during the Japanese occupation. Zero Fighter, I think. Maybe not. But it's still a real aeroplane. There's also Bukit Larut, or known as Maxwell Hill, why? I dunno. But I've got to say, Maxwell Hill sounds much cooler than Bukit Larut. Speaking of "cool", it's actually quite cooling up there. I've never been there before but it's obvious that the peak is cold. During a storm, the peak could be shrouded by the thick cumulonimbus cloud. And, according to my Geography reference book, it's one of the wettest place in the Peninsula, receiving more than 2500mm of rain a year.

Then there's Lake Garden. It's very beautiful. There's one stretch of road where you could see trees growing from an incline. Dang, it's very hard to explain, you've just got to see it yourself. The trees arch up and stretch all the way to the other side of the road. Those trees are quite old actually.

Last night, I wiki-ed up about Tom and Jerry, and in one of the shorts, Tom was playing the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 by Franz Liszt. Everytime I see that "chapter", I'm always amazed. The music is nice. So, I went to youtube, and this came out:


This is the "comedic" way of playing Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. Amusing.

Next, this is from Tom and Jerry:


And then, this is from Bugs Bunny:

I admit, the starting was quite funny. When Bugs was gonna play, a guy coughs. Then he had his last cough. Lol!!

Because both of them have the same plot and same music, Warner Bros and MGM accused each other of plagiarism.

Here are some Wiki links if you wanna know more about both shorts.
Wikipedia: Rhapsody Rabbit
Wikipedia: The Cat Concerto

Anyway, here's the real thing:


God, I'm freaking hungry now. Haven't eaten my lunch yet. Ciao.

0 comments: