Friday 5 September 2008

My fear has came true...

Just now, I went to see a dentist. The dentist was nice and friendly, but even so, I was feeling incredibly nervous. I was ushered to the reclining chair. Then...

"Bee Lee, is it? What seems to be the problem?" he asked.

"Well, see, the gum behind my lower-right wisdom tooth is aching for a week already. So, I was wondering, can you tell me if there's anything wrong?" Then he took a small mirror and shoved it into my mouth. Soon, he finally saw it, that annoying wisdom tooth.

"Ah, I see! Bee Lee, your gum is in your tooth's way," said the dentist.

I couldn't think of anything else but "Oh my God!!" and "Mama mia!!" for that moment.

"Do you want to have your teeth x-rayed so you'll know what's happening?" asked the dentist.

"Y-yeah, o-kay."

After that, I was brought to the X-Ray machine. I sat in front of it. The machine looked at me, I looked back at it. Then, the dentist wrapped the small stick that is sitting there in front of me and asked me to bite it. He loaded the "film" into the machine and everyone in the room left me alone. Soon, the alarm started buzzing followed by a sudden movement of the machinery. I closed my eyes for no apparent reason.

I wondered, why did I feel so scared eventhough I didn't even feel a pinch from the radiation that was going through me? Anyway, it didn't take long. The dentist asked me to go sit at the reclining chair while he prepares the x-ray slide.

After a few minutes, he showed me the slide.

"As you can see here, your gum is blocking your wisdom tooth. Because of that, your gum swelled."

"Oh?" I said curiously.

"The permanent method of rectifying your problem would be to remove that wisdom tooth of yours."

I looked at him with my eye wide opened. Then gazed at the x-ray image.

"Oh my God! All of them?" I asked.

"Nah, just the one which is causing you problem."

"Oh, okay..."

"If you want, you can ask your dad to come here so I can tell him about it?"

"Sure, sure"

So, I called my dad and the dentist revealed to my dad the problem. I told the dentist not to do the surgery now since my trials are just around the corner. There are some reasons why I told him that. One, I don't want to be studying with a swollen face or jaw or whatever. I wont' be able to concentrate if my gum or my jaw swell up and waiting for my gum to recover after the minor surgery. Second, I'm afraid. I know, I'm chickening out, but I'm really gonna do this surgery. If I do this when I'm older, it's more dangerous and harder.

After all that, I was given some antibiotics to prevent infection on my gum. Then my father had to cough up RM210 to pay for the X Ray, Antibiotics and Deposit for Surgery.

I have another appointment at 19/9/08 at 3.20pm. It's the surgery day!! Yay!! It's a 1-hour surgery. Sigh...

1 comments:

Tenyume Kasumi said...

Oh dear... Wouldn't it be better to get it done AFTER PMR? That way, when you're doing the exams you won't be distracted by your jaw.

Think of this as a sort of test from the Big Boss Upstairs...