Tuesday 2 September 2008

I'm addicted to Hamsterball!!

Well, some of you might ask, "what's this Hamsterball of which you speak, Bee Lee?" It's a game, made by Raptisoft. It's basically sort of like the modern-day version of the game, Marble Madness, from Atari. The objective of the game is to roll the ball, with a hamster inside, to the goal, avoiding the nasty monsters which will try their best to stop you from getting to the goal. But mostly, you'll waste your time falling off the stage and breaking the ball. I find this game kinda cute, especially the monsters.

I recorded how I suffered in the last two stages. Now, if you're a pro player, you'll probably laugh at me, but I've got to admit, the last two levels are incredibly tough. I was playing in Pipsqueak mode, the easiest mode without the monsters, rather than normal mode with all the monsters. It's too hard. And, I kinda cheated a bit to get more time limit, so in the last level, the Impossible Race, I'm not supposed to get 200+ seconds of time limit.



Oh yeah, I have also cheated in the level you saw above. There's too much time to spare.




Okay, let's talk about something else.

For about 4 days already, my gum behind my lower-right wisdom tooth is hurting for no apparent reason. After surfing the net, I suspect my wisdom tooth maybe the cause. But, I'm not exactly sure. I'm supposed to go to the dentist today, but then my father's not home. I'm getting a little nervous about my situation. If the dentist also suspects that my wisdom tooth is causing the pain, he might recommend an extraction of that tooth. It won't be like those normal tooth extraction. It's not like just clip the tooth with the caliper thingie and yank it out. No. It depends on how deep the tooth is in the gum and whether or not it is easily accessible. If the tooth can be access easily, then, fine, just pluck the tooth out. But since my wisdom tooth has, almost, no good place to grip on to, I might need to undergo a surgery. Okay,I think I'm jumping to conclusions. But if it were to happen, I will be really scared, even though I will be under anaesthetics. What if my tolerance to anaesthetics is high? And the doctor doesn't know that I'm still conscious even after administering anaesthetics? I can't scream out to him since I won't be able to feel my body. Now you see the problem? It happened to a lot of people before, but it's actually a rare occurence. But rare doesn't mean never. OMG!! Okay, okay, calm down.

I know I'm really jumping to conclusions. I can't help it. My heart is thumping fast just by thinking about it. Alright, exactly how does a wisdom tooth can cause problems to the gum. It's just an innocent tooth, sitting there and waiting to chew.

If the wisdom tooth, or the 3rd molar as it is called in medical terms, came out facing the wrong way, it could affect other teeth. If it didn't fully erupt out of the gum, and there's still a flap of tissue above the tooth, food debris could get stuck over there. It's very hard to reach those places with a toothbrush and a floss, so, bacteria starts to from due to inadequate care for that place. After that, gum infection might start. And then there's tooth decay. I found some sites that might help explain things better, so, here are the sites:

Wikipedia: Mandibular Third Molar

Wisdom Teeth Removal

Wisdom Teeth Basics: Pain, Removal and Recovery

What are impacted Wisdom Teeth? This is a good site if you wanna know how does the problems caused by Wisdom tooth start.

Extraction of Wisdom Tooth
This is a youtube video of the extraction of a wisdom tooth. Be warned, this is very gory. If you wanna watch this, and you lose your appetite after this, don't blame me.
I won't embed the video here.

1 comments:

Tenyume Kasumi said...

Oh, I've heard this game quite some time ago... Didn't you have to download something first? 0.o Or is it in a CD-ROM? And don't worry about your gum. It's happened to me before. The pain will go away after a week or so.

According to my doctor, it's just the wisdom tooth trying to grow out. So your gum gets sore. If you think that's bad, I'm going for braces after PMR and the dentist said it's very likely I need extractions. D: