Sunday 14 September 2008

Yay, gonna get a new pair of spectacles!!

Just when to see an optician yesterday. I was surprised after he told me that my power rose up to 500! and my current pair of specs is only at 300. I was like "OMG!!". I didn't know my power was that high! Yeah, so I have chosen my specs and it'll arrive tomorrow evening!!

Hmm... I've promised myself to finish Geography today!! Gah! I really need motivation!

Oh, I captured a very cool screenshot of Mr Ball Arena!

Ahaha, Mr Ball almost kena hit by the vortex! I know, I know, the vortex looks damn fake, but you can't blame me for being erm... not talented in graphics right?

In the meantime, I'm re-planning Mr Ball Arena 2 so I can start making it in Game Maker. I'll see if I can use Game Maker 7 so it's Vista-compatible. If I can't manage it, I'll stick to Game Maker 6. The thing is, a lot of my friends who had tried to play the game can't start the game. Maybe it's some kind of a glitch from Game Maker 6.

Finally, it'll reveal why the Diamonds are trying to obliterate Mr Ball, and who's Mr Cube. Never heard of Mr Cube? He's the new comer in Mr Ball 2. Whether he is at the protagonist's side or the antagonist's side, you've got to find that out yourself. I might consider putting in some voice-overs for some dialogues. Yeah, there'll be cut scenes in the new game. But first, I must restart programming the foundation. The battle system will still be the same, except the controls will change slightly. No longer have to use WASD to move, but have to use the arrow keys and the mouse to orientate. The mouse click may also be used to shoot and heal. Something like First-person shooter controls, but this game is a third-person shooter game. Why am I changing the controls? Well, I just find it very uncomfortable with the old controls, WASD to move, [Ctrl] to shoot, Z to heal. My arms got tired after a while.

I won't make Magic Spells for Mr Ball as it'll complicate things. It's very hard for me to manage so many things in the Game Maker environment. But Mr Ball will get more hi-ougi's (Special Attacks). If possible, I'll add some more stuff to the battle system to make it more fun and exciting.

Hmm... maybe I'll consider hiring a crew? But I'll have to think about that first. Wow, a voice-over crew. Haha!!

0 comments: