Friday 19 September 2008

Dang, that was unpleasant

Finally, I've successfully jumped over quite a big hurdle in my life. Eventhough the surgery's over, I should still worry about the extraction site. I must be careful not to infect that place because it's still quite soft and there's a lot of blood. It's still bleeding now and as my numbness starts to wear off, the pain's really kicking in. Despite all my friends moral support (thanks guys!!), I was incredibly nervous on the reclining chair. I was really shivering!

It's actually quite painful, even after administering the anaesthetics. I have to admit, the injection part is actually the most painful part of the whole surgery. Then, as the surgery reached it's "climax", it got a lot worse.

According to how I felt, the doctor had access to my tooth. Surprisingly, that tooth was not the tooth I expected to be extracted. The tooth that the doctor extracted hadn't even came out yet! That tooth was hiding under my gum the whole time! Yeah, so as I expected, he cut open my gum, then he started poking around with the erm... tools. He really pushes hard. And it's that push which made me scared and really caused quite a lot of pain. I'm grateful that I had anaesthetics, if not, it'll be even worse! Trust me, you wouldn't want your wisdom tooth to cause you problems. Yeah, so after an agonizing 10 minutes, a loud crack sound was heard. I was so happy that my tooth came out.

Oh wait! Not yet. That's only half of it!! So, he continued poking here and there. Took a pair of calipers, then held onto my tooth. And then he twisted to the left, then to the right, and suddenly, another loud crack sound was heard. It was traumatizing. It went like "Braaaak!". In my mind, I was like "OMG WTF!!!".

So, he took out the other half of the tooth. But, the operation was not over yet. Oh no. He had to stitch back my gum. Well, the stitching wasn't all bad. I'm having another appointment at 11th October, a few days before PMR to remove the stitches.

In the end, I was given a few painkillers and some antibiotics. God! You wouldn't want to be in there with a problematic wisdom tooth!

I'm so happy the torture was over. I actually thought of filming the entire operation, but it was a little troublesome.

0 comments: