Friday 10 October 2008

Alkali Metals are so cool

Alkali Metals? What's that?

Alkali metals are elements that are highly reactive and can react very vigorously with water to form metal hydroxide. That's why I love them so much. Alkali metals are, in order of least reactive to extremely reactive, Lithium, Sodium, Potassium, Rubidium, Cesium and Francium. Francium is the most reactive element. Too bad though, it's incredibly rare. It is the second rarest naturally occurring element. But, it's good that it's very rare. If it were to be very abundant, imagine how many people would die from home made alkali metal bomb!!

Anyway, here's a Youtube Video showing reations of Li, Na, K, Rb and Cs with water.


it's very cool, watch it!!!

Dang, I wanna go to science lab and mix chemicals after PMR!! But I don't think my Science teacher will allow.

In Form 1, I secretly mixed some chemicals in the Science lab when the teacher's not watching. Lol! And then suddenly, 2 liquids turned solid!! I was like WTF!! Well, it seems that I have mixed Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) with Copper Sulphate (CuSO4).

CuSO4(aq) + 2NaOH(aq) --> Cu(OH)2(s) + Na2SO4(aq)

Hmm... does that mean that I got Copper Hydroxide and Sodium Sulphate?

Anyway, in form 2, I mixed very concentrated Sulphuric acid with iodine, for no apparent reasons. Luckily I didn't touch the acid or else I'll end up with burn marks on my fingers. I was quite afraid of the acid. What I got in the end was a very hot solution. So, I guess it was an exothermic reaction, since it releases energy in the form of heat.

Well, that's all I have ever mixed. Sigh... I wanna go to the Chemistry Lab!!

Now, Here are some sites which may help in BM!

For Paper 2:

Description of some literature terminologies

Sypnosis and summary of Panas Salju (with Teknik Plot as well)

Summary of Meniti Kaca with Teknik Plot (You've got to look for Teknik Penceritaan)

A brief overview of all the 3 novels we've learnt

A rangka jawapan on how to write about teknik plot. Note that the rangka jawapan is about Bukit Kepong.

Here's a very good blog about writing essays. Contains a lot of examples and info and some soalan ramalan

Try not to depend too much on soalan ramalan. They are just predictions and predictions don't always come true.

For paper 1:

A Malay Wikipedia article about Kata Kerja

Some examples of how to use the imbuhans

0 comments: