Thursday 23 October 2008

Kitchen O Pank (Kitchen Panic)! One of my favourite games!

It's not a well-known game, so it's no surprise if you don't know what game is that. Here's the opening movie of the game.



This is the PC version. I'm currently downloading the image file of the PS1 version. I heard there's an XBox version of it as well. The game's created by Panther Soft. It's a Japanese game, so everything is in Japanese characters. But you don't need to know Japanese just to play it. It's simple, fun and cute!

The basic idea of the game is to guide the potato guy to the end of the level, avoiding all the enemies like tin cans (the most common enemy) and a lot of other things that you can find in the kitchen. Yes, that's right, this game is set in the kitchen. This is one of my favourite game ever, eventhough it is so freaking old! Hey, simple games are the best!

My disc is badly cracked up and so I made a copy of it. (Sorry Panther Soft, but I got to do it so that I can "preserve" the game). You won't be able to find this game in the shop already, unless you are really lucky. I especially love the BGM.

Sigh... I hope the PSX ROM will work on my emulator! I love this game a lot! It's my favourite game since when I was still at kindergarten.

Anyway, another thing that I like the most is Phineas and Ferb!! Woohoo! It's a Disney cartoon about 2 brothers (stepbrothers to be precise) who want to do something for the summer holidays, so what they did was to invent unbelievable things. It's damn cool, and random. Well, it's not only that, there are sub-plots as well. Candace, Phineas' sister and Ferb's stepsister (I think) is always looking for ways to bust her brothers. Everytime she suspects her brothers building something BIG, she'll usually yell out MUM! But whenever her mum comes in, Phineas' and Ferb's inventions are never to be seen by their mother, well... maybe sometimes, disguised as something ordinary. Okay, something like that lah. It's just that their mother never catches them doing something "unusual" in Candace terms.

Anyway, another sub-plot is about Perry the Platypus, Phineas' pet platypus. Apart from being a mindless domestic pet, he is also working as a secret agent! His nemesis is Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. His evil schemes are incredibly random and sometimes, kinda stupid. A lot of times, his schemes backfire.

Anyway, you've got to watch it to experience it. It's damn funny! I like it because of the randomness, especially in the music in each of the episode. Very creative!!

9 comments:

Faye Zufairi said...

where can i get the pc version..??

BLProductions said...

Hi ZuF@!r! I'm not sure where you can get it nowadays because this game is very old. I think I got it maybe like 9 years ago, so finding for it will be more like looking for a needle in a haystack. Sadly, my disc is also badly cracked, so I can't enjoy it on my computer anymore. Some more, the game is only compatible in Windows 95 or 98 I think. It won't work in newer version of windows.

Anonymous said...

heyy, could I possibly get ur copy of the game? ive been craving this game since the last time had it which was like 6 years agoo..
if u could. PLS tq
:D

BLProductions said...

Sarah, my disc is really cracked up and cannot be used already. What more, the game isn't supported on Windows XP.... I really miss the game. It's like one of the first platform games I ever played.

If I'm not mistaken, you can try and search for Kitchen Panic PS1/PSX ISO file on the net and burn it onto a CD so you can play it on PS1.

Little Bean said...

i use to play tis game when i was 7 ( or smaller), i really like tis game but my disc was crashed.... so sad... do anyone know where to find tis game?

Annunaki Macedonia said...

And here i am too, mu disc is so damaged and i can't copy the whole game :(

If someone can share what ever version of this game (for PC or PS1) I wil be so much grateful!

Greetings
Annunakey

TheRadeonUser said...

I've played this game.

TheRadeonUser said...

I've played this game.

Villicus said...

Hello there, do you know where we can find the OST of this game? They bring back so many memories...