Sunday 19 October 2008

Lalala, went to Malacca!

My father signed up for the company trip to Malacca. So, he invited my sister and I to tag along, and that's what we did. We woke up at 6am to prepare ourselves. It was incredibly tiring. Places we visited:
  1. Bukit Auyin
  2. Bee Museum (yes, there were real bees there. You can even get close to them, well, under supervision of course)
  3. Mahkota Parade (a shopping mall) fora buffet lunch, Yum yum!
  4. A' Farmosa Fort.
  5. Perigi Raja/Perigi Hang Li Po. One of the oldest well in Malaysia dug by Sultan Mansor Shah himself. It was contaminated with poison many times during the Portugese, Dutch and Acheh occupation.
  6. Tan Kim Hock's warehouse-building thingie, to eat Durian Cendol. Quite nice, but in the end, got really sick of it.
  7. Shopping in Jonker Street.
  8. Ate dinner at a restaurant (I have no idea what's the name of the restaurant). Ate cendol AGAIN! I was so sick of cendol already, and I had said No many times, but everyone insisted that I eat it, so yeah, I ate it.
When I came back, it was already 11pm. I was so tired, after I had taken my bath, I immediately went to bed. Ahh!!

I'll upload the pictures of the trip as soon as possible. In the meantime:
You might be saying, "As if Math wasn't complicated enough!!". I'm sorry okay, I just love Math! David, you'll love what I've just done!

Anyway, I made x3 even more complicated by making a very long formula, that equals x3. I made 1 long formula for x2 as well, but it wasn't long enough, so I didn't upload it. Instead, I shoved it into the formula above because it required x2. The big sigma symbol (the one that lookes like an E) just basically means The Sum. As you can tell, it is a Greek symbol, like the Theta, used in Trigonometry. The Long Formula for x2 is the one next to the Sigma in within the 2 humongous parentheses (brackets).

And, to make it even more complicated, I added "Differentiation" into the super long formula, just to make it longer. If you look carefully, some of the alphabets have the letter "d" in front of them. That's the symbol for differentiation. It is used to show the change in something. It's kinda cool. Go Wiki it up!

Anyway, I'm not trying to boast or brag about anything here. I'm not the smartest person in the whole world. And, I don't 100% guarantee that this formula will work as expected because I'm lazy to test it. I just took my time to derive that formula out from the harmless looking x3. I've got to say, this is one of my proudest work I've ever done.

Understand it or not, it doesn't matter as it isn't important, and you probably won't learn it in the years to come (phew!). So, that's it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

wow i didnt know about the bee farm :)